Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

So I've been getting opportunities to do some pretty cool things lately. The SpineCare commercial running here in Huntsville has not been my only acting experience. I also did a tv commercial in Nashville a couple months ago that's become pretty popular. A couple of the players got their hands on a copy of it and have been giving me a hard time ever since. In addition to that I've already told you about Kelly and I getting to do the CMT Awards opening skit.

The most recent project I've been a part of might be the most exciting one yet. I was cast to play a part in the new Monday Night Football intro that will play throughout the entire NFL season this fall.

Many of you already know that when I'm not straddling the boards signaling defenses for the Vipers I'm a college football commentator in the fall. This lends itself to the obvious goal of being a part of a MNF broadcast some day. My most recent adventure put me on a path to do that sooner than I expected. This will be the 40th year of Monday Night Football so they're emphasizing this fact during the Hank Williams Jr opening number.

The set was the Parthenon in Nashville which ESPN will digitally transform into a giant MNF Hall of Fame. Part of the hook is that they cast several guys as football player statues that will come to life at some point during the song.

There were 6 of us total. 3 were full body statues including helmet while the other 3 of us were busts. As busts we didn't have as much physical activity as the other guys but we didn't have helmets on so you will at least be able to see our faces although they're covered in bronze makeup (picture the "Blue Man Group" but just a completely different color). It was an extremely fun and interesting experience that would take me far too long to detail in this blog.

A few quick highlights: 1) Meeting Gloria Estefan (she shot a Spanish version for ESPN Deportes) and Hank Williams Jr 2) An endless supply of snacks and food during the long shoot days.

A couple lowlights: 1) 45 minutes to put all the makeup on 2) An hour and a half to get the makeup off 3) Hanging around outside most of the day in 95 degree heat.

Look for me throughout the Monday Night Football season. I'll be one of the bald headed bronze busts yelling "READY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment